Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Quick Update

Well, I figured I should update you all on how I made out at my doctor's appointments this week. I saw the orthopedist on Monday so that I could have my hip looked at. I was sooooo tired I slept through the whole appointment! I guess what the nice doctor did to my legs didn't really hurt because I never even woke up. He told my Mommy and Daddy that my hip seemed fine but that I need to have an ultrasound just to make sure. I go for that test tomorrow. I hope that doesn't hurt either.

On Tuesday, I went to see my pediatrician again. She says that I am too skinny! I only gained 1-2 ounces in five days which I guess is not enough. So Mommy has to feed me more and I have a week to gain some more weight. I hope I do because I really don't like the bottle! I much prefer to drink from Mommy. :-)

Other than seeing my doctors and trying to eat more, I have been pretty much sleeping most of the time. I do get to hang out with my new buddy...at first he seemed scared by the changes of having me around, but I think he is coming around. He likes to sit by me when I sleep and comes rushing to my side if I cry. I hope as I get bigger we can hang out and play more. Right now we just sit near each other and make faces.

Well that's it for now. I hope to see you all soon. I like having visitors so come by if you would like. Most likely I will just sleep until it's time to eat again!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Juliana! I hope I get to meet you one of these days-- before you're old enough to walk, or run, or talk back! (If you talk back like your parents do, I know you'll be trouble!).

    You are so lucky to have an Oreo to love and protect you. Talk to him about bringing you table scraps so you can work on fattening up before your next Dr. visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Juliana, You look great! Your parents must be so proud and happy! Don't worry too much about the weight gain. In my non-medical opinion, every baby grows at his or her own rate. If there was such thing as a -3 percentile curve, Marin would be tracking perfectly!

    ReplyDelete